The 55 gal. Saltwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait_Ls1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not the best pictures but figured I'd post up some new pictures of te tanks growth.

img_1178814_0_e184a8db4cfc75f339323cb959d458ea.jpg

img_1178814_1_9a092b565e33824e8318666a238b53fb.jpg

img_1178814_2_492ec914918289162c83d8403587abfa.jpg

img_1178814_3_422ed54c4e536dc8b127dbf7a47a3c99.jpg

img_1178814_4_f03900852aa4c71bf269d06d3c17703c.jpg

Thankyou! Idk but those mushrooms spread like wildfire. I just got the fish a while back but am kind of nervous. He is an Arabian dottyback and I did not know they were aggressive. I heard they will kill your shrimp. I do have a peppermint shrimp somewhere. Altho I haven't seen him even before I put the dottyback in there but there is no tellin. I heard that since I put him in the tank after everything else then he should be fine. He's been great so far. Altho the clown fish do not like him getting near their mushroom rock on the left side. They tend to lay eggs there quite often.

whats the purple coral on the sand in the last picture? i love the way it looks!

It is called Anthalia (SP?) I bought it when it was like the size of my pinky tip and it spread all over that rock in the sand. A piece that the guy glued to the rock came off so I stuck it in the rocks Venus that one and it spread up the side like it did with in a few months. The growing of it has since then pretty much stopped which I'm kinda glad bc orient want it every where like the mushrooms.

Yes there are four bulbs. It is called a Catalina light fixture. They are 55watt T5 bulbs. Idk if they are the best but when I bought the tank from the previous owner it had a lowes/walmart setup on it and the bulbs weren't very good altho the mushrooms were alive. After I bought the Catalina set up is when the mushrooms took off. I've had a good experience with the light set up so I'm happy.
Is that T5HO lighting? If so, how many bulbs?

Thank you. I appreciate that. I try to take care of it. It's already very established so luckily I don't have to do much. All I'm using for filtration is a hang on filter from marineland.

Yes there are four bulbs. It is called a Catalina light fixture. They are 55watt T5 bulbs. Idk if they are the best but when I bought the tank from the previous owner it had a lowes/walmart setup on it and the bulbs weren't very good altho the mushrooms were alive. After I bought the Catalina set up is when the mushrooms took off. I've had a good experience with the light set up so I'm happy.

Thanks! I have T5HO setup as well and will be going salt at some point. You tank looks really nice and it makes me feel better about my lighting!

How do you like that catalina fixture? Does it run out to the touch?

I honestly like it a lot. Altho I do not under stand your second question? Hot to the touch you mean? The top part does get a little warm but not overwhelmingly hot. The bulbs however do get hot.

Alright cool. Btw, it doesn't seem likethe bulbs make the water warmer or anything but if you were to touch one then ya they are hot. But they don't radiate heat or anything. Just figured I'd let you know!

Very nice tank! the corals are awesome! only recommendation i have is to but a background on the tank. But thats just my opinion

I agree! Ha ha. I just don't want to take the time to secure it. I ripped the old one off bc it wouldn't stay. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom