The Steal of the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mermaid8

Aquarium Advice Regular
I responded to an add in our craigslisting for our area. free fish with tank.. ok i thought i will call and see what happens.. so i call and he still had it arranged a time to pick up the fish. Oh my was my first thought a electric blue jack dempsy.. ok dose his guy know what he is giving away? come to find out he has to get rid of everything since his wife left him. oh my luck of the day.. so here is a pic. he seems happy and content at his new place:multi: and we call him little jack dempsy...

Attachments

• fish 003.jpg
    fish 003.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 90
  • fish 002.jpg
    fish 002.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 120
WOW!!!! That is amazing! I wish I could find that deal haha. how big is the tank?

Just to warn you he will need a bigger tank soon. And maybe by the looks of it he could use 1 very soon.

Yes im aware of his new home soon. YIKES!!!!! but he seems happy and content.. i have a 75 gallon that i can transfer him into soon

Yes im aware of his new home soon. YIKES!!!!! but he seems happy and content.. i have a 75 gallon that i can transfer him into soon

What makes you think he's happy and content? He's already way to big for a 25g. Put him in the 75g ASAP.

Nice pickup though :)

I have to agree with mudfrog. Great find but he doesnt need a bigger tank soon, he needs a bigger tank now. Beautiful fish, give him what he needs.

he has lived in this tank for 2 years now i got tank and all with the fish..... but i know he dose need a bigger tank soon....

Pretty fish! My first thought was "poor thing looks squished in there" :( Bet when you get him in the 75 he will go nuts swimming back and forth! Especially if he has never had the room to before. You saved him from a life of squishness. :)

i do have one question the guy that i got the fish from has salt for me to put in the tank??? do anyone know about this and if so how much he forgot to tell me...

No, he doesn't have lots of room. Cichlids need a lot of room to swim around. Just because he fits does not mean he is comfortable.

Aquarium salt can be added to FW to help protect against parasites, help heal wounds, etc. Some people use it, I rarely do as it's typically not needed if your water parameters are in check.

Back
Top Bottom