The weirdest (and most amazing) fish ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish they had filmed it in situ, not dragged it up to the surface :(

Yeah, I agree but I think they live very deep. hence the transparent head.

It definitely has a bit of "squid" in it's genes. Sure we will see some of them in aquariums soon:eek:

They did have the barreleyes on another show they had on TLC or DHD or DC NatGeo ect one of those neat channels, anyways they filmed it at its depths with unmanned equipment, they also got an archer fish on there too.

Its kinda like our blind tetras, adapted to their environment. Tetra lost its eyes and pigment, actually mutated to its conditions and their conditions require NO eyes, its pretty weird/neat.

They did have the barreleyes on another show they had on TLC or DHD or DC NatGeo ect one of those neat channels, anyways they filmed it at its depths with unmanned equipment, they also got an archer fish on there too.

Its kinda like our blind tetras, adapted to their environment. Tetra lost its eyes and pigment, actually mutated to its conditions and their conditions require NO eyes, its pretty weird/neat.

That's really interesting - did not know it.

I've been trying to get hold of the series that was shown on Nat Geo - so far no luck. If anyone knows, please post. They do have some clips on the website, but apparantly there was a whole series on weird and undiscovered deep sea creatures.

Back
Top Bottom