This is why I hate water changes..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudfrog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
He gets mad at me.. :twisted:

img_884716_0_7a850b457f8125e60000e6cae2999bde.jpg

Those are some nasty looking teeth! I sure as heck wouldn't be putting my hand in that tank! :)

They are known as piranha eaters for a reason ;)

I was bit by a fresh water fish once.. an arrowana. I like to never got my finger to stop bleeding. Was curious why they had a sign telling me not to stick fingers in water......

I was bit by a fresh water fish once.. an arrowana. I like to never got my finger to stop bleeding. Was curious why they had a sign telling me not to stick fingers in water......
Yeah I think they put those signs there for a reason. lol

Arrowana can pack a punch as well. Luckily I've never been bitten by this guy but I think if I ever do it will probably require stitches :eek:

youch! that would hurt! Whats the scientific name on these guys, do you know? I would like to learn more about them.

Hoplias malabaricus is the scientific name.. this little guy is only 6.5" but the get to 24"

That one, I think, is more frightening...like he's gonna' jump out of my computer screen and bite my nose~like the Penguin in Batman...lol...he's amazing!

Haha.. I forgot about that scene.. nice comparison :D

do you REALLY need to post pics with his mouth open ?

i am going to have nightmares for the rest of the week ;(((

can you please post a pic with him playing or something?

hahaha ... naaaw just kidding ... he/she is a beauty ;) congrats

on the "don't stick your limbs in the tank when he's active" subject ... i am imagining him in a cartoon, like the bulldog that bites someone's *** and stays put like a trap LMAO
i imagine your fish sticking his needle sharp teeth into someone's hand then
GRRRR .... GRRRRR ... no imma not let go ... GRRRRR

can you please post a pic with him playing or something?

He doesn't play.. he just lays on the bottom or in his floating plant waiting on food. Well I guess it could be considered playing when he chases my fingers or begs for food.

I tried a pair of convicts with him but they didn't last long. This is one of my fish that are destined to live in solitary..

But here is a non mouth shot of him hanging out on his driftwood.

img_885307_0_7b8edaf3b434ab9fdd18111a5d77eeb0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom