Tiny fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been trying to take a pic of my fish for some time now, and they just won't cooperate. My pictures wind up being really cool tank shots with tiny red/blue dots in it. Everytime I get the macro in close the fish dart back into cover and stay in the back of the tank until I move away. Any suggestions?

Leave the camera on a tripod infront of the tank at all times, sit in front of the tank close to the camera for a while (might need to do this often, until they get used to you being there) and wait. Eventually you will be able to approach the tank with the camera and they won't think twice about it. Either that or feed the tank each time you are in front of it with the camera, they will eventually associate you+camera=food :mrgreen:

or, if you have either an old-school slr or a new fangled digi with remote, you can just leave the camera infront of the tank and remote release the shutter

I've got a longish remote release for my slr that I mostly use with telescope, maybe I'll try it with the fish sometime, to get a more 'natural' look rather than the 'FEED ME ... FEEED MEEEE!" display ... seriously, they beg worse than dogs!

ps

an older epson digi I used to have access to didn't have a remote, but it did have a 'remote control' via usb option, which is cool because you could zoom in/out, focus, control flash, adjust f/stop and other things, including operating the shutter, guess you'd need a notebook or other computer pretty close to the tank to use that method though.

Back
Top Bottom