Today in the Fishroom~08/18/08 Variety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquamojo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A few shots of the Media Luna Yellow Labridens:

Front of the male...Metyinsis in the background...

Media-Luna-Labridens-161b.jpg

...and a beautiful backside.

Media-Luna-Labridens-162b.jpg

Female Blue Labridens from Taninul

Blue-Lab-Taninul-121b.jpg

Blue-Lab-Taninul-120b.jpg

I put the female Green Umbee in a divided 75 gallon until she calms down. After spending three years in the pond the fish that come out tend to have a "hey, I'm in someone's aquarium" moment and take a week or so to adapt to their new environment. I'm going to keep her here until I can get some decent photos...then put her back.

Green-Umbee-204b.jpg

She is right against the back of the tank.

Green-Umbee-205b.jpg

Male Fredrichsthali from Cenote Escondido...nice choppers for a four inch fish.

Freddie-186b.jpg

I took out the "third wheel" female P. Ufermanni and now have the two in the 100 gallon by themselves. Still a lot of fishy "grab ***" but no breeding.

Uffermanni-436b.jpg

The male

Uffermanni-435b.jpg

I haven't had any luck with the Micro's breeding. The other day I pulled out the "spare" micro from the pond and put it in the left half of the 180 gallon tank with a complete divider. This fish and the smaller female were the same size when I put one in the tank and the other in the pond. This fish is now literally twice the size of the female i have in the tank. Big water makes big fish.

Micro-242b.jpg

Micro-243b.jpg

When I put the fish in the pond a few years back I thought it was a female. Not so sure now. Regardless, the presence of the fish in the tank might "motivate" the known male to actually breed. Certainly the other fish has been willing for a long time. I hardly ever see her out of breeding coloration. Him?....eh...nothing. All else fails i will switch postions and put the smaller micro in the middle between the other two and let her pick. Here's the male"\:

Micro-244b.jpg

Final shot of one of my favorite fish.

Zonatum-650b.jpg

Me too.. I really enjoyed those photos. I'm also not familiar with these species, so I'm off to look them up. What kind of fish is the last one?

Back
Top Bottom