Type of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsxrownr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend just got a 55 gallon tank that came with some fish and they were too big for what he was doing so he gave them to me and now I just wanted to see if anyone could help me with the names of them. If any of them are to blurry or dark let me know and I'll try to get better ones

Attachments

• image-3766738505.jpg
    image-3766738505.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image-1188092560.jpg
    image-1188092560.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2140346001.jpg
    image-2140346001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3423742083.jpg
    image-3423742083.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 109
First picture looks like 2 Kissing Gouramis, no idea on the others.

The second pic looks like a pacu...which can get the size of a basketball. That or it might be a variation of a silver dollar which doesn't get as big.

The guoramis can get pretty big too so I hope you have a big tank.

First pics is a kissing gourami, second silver dollar, 3/4th are some kind of loach

The fourth picture is a Leporinus fasciatus, commonly just called a Leporinus or banded Leporinus. It also will get pretty big. 14" if memory serves. They like some veggies in their diet and sometimes will roll upside down to get at food on the bottom.

Definitely not a pacu, some species of silver dollar.

The loach is an angelicus loach.

Ditto the kissing gouramis.

Ditto the Leporinus.

Yeah I thought it was a pacu at first bc of the red. But I saw silver dollars at the lfs that looked exactly like that

1. Kissingfish
2. definitely without a doubt it’s a Pacu a young one.
3. Angelicus Botia Loach
4. Leporinus fasciatus

all can be bought at most petsmarts

That is not a pacu. That is a type of silver dollar. Even young pacus do not look like that. The body shape is wrong. The coloration is wrong. It is not a pacu.

I agree! It is a silver dollar. And you cant go by color because some silverdollars have a red bottom fin too. If i remember correctly its a male that gets the red fin.

Back
Top Bottom