Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laurel Lake, NJ - USA
Posts: 513
Unidentified Corydoras - Any Guesses?

Waiting for an I.D. on this species from Coryman. Any guesses? - Frank/Guppyman®
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown_1u_aa.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	6  
__________________

__________________
Guppyman is a U.S. registered trademark. I maintain 110 tanks and keep 65 species of Corys.
"Sounds Fishy To Me," podcasts, are here.
Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him.
Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
God of primitive fishes
 
Toirtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,163
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Sure...ask when my Aqualog and Seuss books are out on loan....
__________________

__________________
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laurel Lake, NJ - USA
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
Sure...ask when my Aqualog and Seuss books are out on loan....
Hi. I just ordered the new Aqualog, today. - Frank/Guppyman®
__________________
Guppyman is a U.S. registered trademark. I maintain 110 tanks and keep 65 species of Corys.
"Sounds Fishy To Me," podcasts, are here.
Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him.
Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,424
Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster
It sorta looks like C. Paleatus, but the coloration on this is more "brown", and it has those speckles on its forehead.
__________________
Ryan

http://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
----------
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW
--------

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Psyhampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
God of primitive fishes
 
Toirtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,163
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
I'll bet you're thinking C. garbei, too...aren't you?
__________________
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laurel Lake, NJ - USA
Posts: 513
I.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyhampster
It sorta looks like C. Paleatus, but the coloration on this is more "brown", and it has those speckles on its forehead.
Hi. Not even close - but nice try. - Frank/Guppyman®
__________________
Guppyman is a U.S. registered trademark. I maintain 110 tanks and keep 65 species of Corys.
"Sounds Fishy To Me," podcasts, are here.
Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him.
Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:09 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laurel Lake, NJ - USA
Posts: 513
I.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
I'll bet you're thinking C. garbei, too...aren't you?
Yes, that WOULD be nice. However, Ian has had them in the past and he does not recognize these fish. He has sent the photos off to Hans in Germany. He is the one who I.D. my C. sarareensis. - Frank/Guppyman®
__________________
Guppyman is a U.S. registered trademark. I maintain 110 tanks and keep 65 species of Corys.
"Sounds Fishy To Me," podcasts, are here.
Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him.
Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laurel Lake, NJ - USA
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
I'll bet you're thinking C. garbei, too...aren't you?
Well. Excellent call. Hans Evers says 95% chance of C. garbei and a 5% chance of C. flaviolus. Ian bred the garbei in '81. Hasn't seen them much ever since. My hat is off to you, sir! - Frank/Guppyman®
__________________
Guppyman is a U.S. registered trademark. I maintain 110 tanks and keep 65 species of Corys.
"Sounds Fishy To Me," podcasts, are here.
Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him.
Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
 
Menagerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 13,232
Again, I would have said Peppered cories. I am out of my league!
__________________

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #10
God of primitive fishes
 
Toirtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,163
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
I'll bet you're thinking C. garbei, too...aren't you?
Well. Excellent call. Hans Evers says 95% chance of C. garbei and a 5% chance of C. flaviolus. Ian bred the garbei in '81. Hasn't seen them much ever since. My hat is off to you, sir! - Frank/Guppyman®
Sweet...so how many do you have, and do you have a decent gender ratio?

I have about 18 species of Cory myself, and have become quite adept at identification in the sheer hope of spotting interesting species locally.
__________________

__________________
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cory, corydora, corydoras

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Unidentified Corydoras Specie Guppyman Show Off/Photography 3 10-23-2006 02:21 PM
any guesses? mle421 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 6 02-18-2005 07:33 PM
any guesses? mle421 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 8 02-15-2005 10:19 PM
Unidentified Cory #2 Guppyman Show Off/Photography 4 01-12-2005 11:33 PM
Unidentified Corydoras - Male and Female Pic Guppyman Show Off/Photography 4 01-11-2005 11:51 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.