Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Update on the 75Gal.

Here are some photos I took of the 75 Gal yesterday. You can clearly see how scratched the tank itself is. The tank truly has lived a hard life but now you could say its in its 'golden years'.

The entire selection of photos can be found in my photo gallery.

http://www.vafishfreek.com/gallery/v...lbumName=75Gal

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a question for you, in picture 2 (and 3) I see a big yellow thing. What is it? I have a very small one growing in my tank that looks just like it.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Do you mean this?

Yellow Polyps
Or

Green Star Polyps

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well with those pictures I can say mine don't look like either. I have a dime sized patch of yellow "sponge" growing on one of my rocks. your first set of pctures made it look like the yellow one but I guess not.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 03-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe this will help.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 03-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Ya thats a sponge.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 03-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Tanks, looking awesome!!!

Is that a SPS coral (M. digitata), I see in the upper left (directly behind the small leather at the top of the aquascaping) in the first photo?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

There are four of said SPS frags in the tank. One you mentioned. Another lower in the same pic and one visable on the right half photo. And one thats up and over the rock summit that was not visable.

The one you pointed out is the largest of the sections. Some frags are beginning to encrust on the rock.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:42 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

And if anyone wants to identify this.

I have been told before what it is but honestly most coral names I remember for about the time it takes for the person to say the name. When its closed up there is a hard skeliton thats kind of branching.

Tags
75g, 75gal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com