Updated fire bellied toad habitat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I completely redesigned my fire bellied toad habitat this weekend with the help of my 11 y/o daughter and the wonderful java moss that JohnPaul sent me. Thanks, JohnPaul ;)!! I decided to add some pictures to show what I did!
Enjoy! :cool:

very nicely done! (y) (y)
i'll have to find the site i had with one i was looking into building. it was really cool like the habitats they have at the baltimore aquarium.

Matt,
I love that Vivarium page you sent me! I have also seen them as some of our local nature centers. I am not quite sure how I would pull it off, but would love to try it. My fire bellied toads are so funny....every time I change their habitat it takes them a few days to fully accept it and not be freaked out.

I'm not sure a full blown vivarium would be a proper set up for FBT's. Not enough water. I've made many many viv's (for dart frogs) and they are fun to put together. Almost to the point of addicting. Even if you never put anything in them, just watching the plants grow and bloom is rewarding. :)

Wow looks great! If I were a toad :rolleyes: I'd be thrilled to be living there I think! (haha)

Anyways, one of these days (maybe once I have some more space) I'd love to try my hand at setting up a paludarium or vivarium. Seems like it would be really interesting to do.

All these pictures makes me want to make a vivarium! This MTS is killing my wallet =P.

Back
Top Bottom