Updated pictures of some of our set-ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never heard of the orange throat darters. Cool looking little fish. I read briefly on them a few mintues ago but couldn't find too much on them. Are they good fish for a general community? I am setting up a large tank with a fall color theme and thought these would be neat. Not sure if they are compatible though...not even sure what fish I will be putting in the 180 gallon yet. Trying to decide between big fish like a Discus tank or small fish like a Dwarf Gourami or Tetra tank.

Thank you again for sharing all those pictures! You really are very tallented! Beautiful art that's for sure!

I keep them with white clouds, marble hatchets, golden top minnows, kuhli loaches and florida flag fish. They're very peaceful but do like some current. They're found in the Southern US.

I found them when I was researching some other native fish and after reading up on them, I knew I had to have them. I plan to get more of them, different types though. The rainbow and the greenside darters are absolutely gorgeous.

Rainbow Darter

Greenside Darter

DragonFish71 said:
I keep them with white clouds, marble hatchets, golden top minnows, kuhli loaches and florida flag fish. They're very peaceful but do like some current. They're found in the Southern US.

I found them when I was researching some other native fish and after reading up on them, I knew I had to have them. I plan to get more of them, different types though. The rainbow and the greenside darters are absolutely gorgeous.

Rainbow Darter

Greenside Darter

Wow they look amazing

Rainbow Darter

Greenside Darter

WOW! I think the green sided darter is completely gorgeous! Do you know if they are compatible with a single male Kribensis? I would love to have some! But my tank has an albino Kribensis in it.

Where in the world do you find the time to do all that ?!? The upkeep alone has to take a long time. I had a 55 with some koi a 29 community tank and a 20 reef tank and after a while that got to be more like a job then a hobby.

Where in the world do you find the time to do all that ?!? The upkeep alone has to take a long time. I had a 55 with some koi a 29 community tank and a 20 reef tank and after a while that got to be more like a job then a hobby.

I can clean them all in about half a day. Praise be to the python!!!! But I do have a system. My heavier stocked tanks get once a week cleaning, my lighter loads every two weeks. On those weeks where all the tanks will need cleaned I start on Friday when I get home and do all the ones upstairs ( 2x55g, 1x29g, 1x20g, 1x80g) Saturday morning while waiting for the hubby to wake up I start on the small ones downstairs (1x36g, 1x40g,1x10g) Sunday morning while waiting for hubby to wake up I clean the rest (2x115g, 1x120g)

WOW! I think the green sided darter is completely gorgeous! Do you know if they are compatible with a single male Kribensis? I would love to have some! But my tank has an albino Kribensis in it.

I don't think they would just from watching how mellow my orangethroats are VS how my kribs were. I could be wrong though, I haven't found much online about compatibility with anything other than other native species.

I don't think they would just from watching how mellow my orangethroats are VS how my kribs were. I could be wrong though, I haven't found much online about compatibility with anything other than other native species.

Okay. Thank you. I will definetely do some research on them because they are incredible looking! I only have a male Kribensis because they can be aggressive as a mated pair. My boy is a total sweetheart. Very peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom