Wasp closeups (caution: large pics!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verse914

Aquarium Advice Activist
My father in law has a wasp nest above his garage so I took some pics :)

wasp1.jpg

wasp2.jpg

wasp3.jpg

wasp4.jpg

wasp5.jpg

If I ever got that close to a wasp, it would be because I was running as fast as I could and the wasp was gaining on me. 8O AWESOME pics though!

Yep, I agree the last linked one is the best. How many CU filters did you stack? I'm guessing you did them all, +4,+2,+1. I too am curious as to how close you were and other than the second were they cropped?

Thanks everyone. I think the second one is the only one that is cropped. If i did crop any of the others, it was just a little (but i dont think I did crop them any). i was using the +4 with a few of them and added the +2 with a couple. With the +4 I was about 8" away, and about 4-5" away with the +4 and +2 stacked.

Although those are extremely good picture, I had a hard time looking at them because I am SOOOOOO afraid of them.... :roll:

lol. No, my father in law takes pics of them too with his Sony 717. He lets them build their nests as they havent bothered him...he takes pics of them a few times a month and they never mess with him :)

Back
Top Bottom