Welcome to the Jungle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Latest version of my 90. Many plants are growing like Crazy!

After Pruning, I hope to get some macro shots of specific details.

Thats a Nice Tank I don't think I Would touch it Yet, Maybe to replant the Prunes(lol)
what are you growing there in the floating plants?

corvuscorax said:
Here's Whitey, my friendly white squirrell

Is that a fat squirrell?

I only ask cause I saw a comercial on TV where these two girls where in a car talking about never seeing fat squirrles yet nuts are to fatening. It was quite a strange comerial and ended up being a comercial for a kind of car.

Thats the first time I ever saw a White squirrell
Pretty Cool
I've seen Black ones and Brown with the stripe down the back, but never a white one lol

really Cool.

I guess 2 things here:

1. Whitey is a small guy, just looks fat in that pic. He's kinda low in the squirrell ranks here, hangs by himself mostly. Don't kow if he's a real albino, or just a different color, cuz he's not all white. We Have black (and I mean jet-black) squirrells near where I work.

2. The plants; the main low plant you see to the left middle is Hygrophillium something species. I SUCK at latin names, sorry (edit, the irony of having a Latin handle is not lost on me). It grows so fast its unbeliveable, like a weed. I got a redder variety earlier this week, going to repalce it. I love plants, it cost me $1.50. Soon I'll have a ton of it. This summer is going to be fun, tryin all kindsa plants in my pond, I have so many cuttings now it's ridiculous. The floating plants are common duckweed, also mutiplies ridicuosly fast. they take a lot of either phosphorus or potassium out of the water, i cant recall which right now, sorry. That helps keep the algae problems down a lot. I hardly have any algae now. I need to take a lot of duckweed and hygro out Sunday. I wont mess it up too bad, give you a pic then.

Edit: one other very good reason to prune is that the Hygro is choking off a bunch of plants that I'd like to see grow!

Looks good!! I'm really glad you "felt like it"
atabove.gif
. I noticed a tube in the back right corner of the tank, it was next to an airline...it made me wonder if your using CO2 on this tank?

Back
Top Bottom