Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich311k View Post
I have a Pentax K10D. I would recommend it highly.
That looks like a really nice camera do you know where to get it for less than $800 How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?? I think I like that style of camera.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I also hate how my crappy fuji camera takes forever to shoot the picture once you push the button there is about a 2second delay before the photo is taken even with brand new batteries.
I want a camera that snaps photo's in the blink of an eye like the old 35mm camera's used to.

it also sucks the the batteries down in about 10photo's. are they camera's that don't take AA batteries those get expensive it would be nice if the camera had a rechargable battery or if it didn't draw so much juice from my batteries. I even tried the expensive digital camera batteries those lasted about 12 photo's.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
Old 06-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Perfect timng. Go get a copy of the issue of Consumer Reports. I just got mine in the mail and this month the report on digital cameras, both point and shoot and slr's. You can find what you want within your budget.

Don't get less than a 6MP camera and make sure it has a macro setting. Hard to find one without those features today.
P.S. I use a Canon G2 (5MP) camera. My new camera will probably be a Canon (xti, xsi, 40D or the Nikon D80). I have not finsihed reading the CR report yet.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #14
Sliced Bread

Canon S5 IS - I highly recommend it.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Quote:
Originally Posted by fijiwigi View Post
That looks like a really nice camera do you know where to get it for less than $800 How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?? I think I like that style of camera.
I bought it last November it was about 1100.00 with the kit lens. The 20D is out now and I imagine you can find one for less than 800 now. Try B & H photo and Ebay.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ive got a Canon S5 IS. I love the camera. It has so many different features and functions. The macro and super macro are great and continous shooting is great for getting shots of moving fish. Unfortunatly it does not have a rechargeable battery pack but Im using 2500MaH rechargeable batteries that work great.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I really like the Canon S5 IS as well especially the price I really want to get away from AA batteries and go with a rechargable battery. What camera is in-between the Canon S5 IS for about $300 and the Nikon D80 for about $800 I like the sytle of that type of camera I am thinking maybe just getting the Nikon D40 since it has the ion battery and doens't use AA's plus its outdated enough to be much cheaper.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
Old 06-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have the Olympus E-510 which is coming down in price as the E-520 is getting ready to hit the streets. Also have the Panasonic FZ18 for the long days when I just don't want to hump gear. This is a cool little site. You can plug in as much or as little information as you want, including price range and it'll throw you back recommendations. You can also do side-by-side comparisons of the cameras that met your parameters.

My Product Advisor - Unbiased, Customized Product Recommendations
Old 06-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I have the Sony Cybershot DSC-W90. It's a regular point and shoot but what I love about it is the portability. It is powerful, but slim enough that I can slip it in my pocket when not in use. Takes really good pictures for a non slr, in my opinion.

Amazon.com: Sony Cybershot DSCW90 8.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot (Black): Camera & Photo

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Mudfrog
I have a semi cheap Canon A510.. I think it's 5.1 MP but I'd have to look it up again. It does the job, I can get some good detail for a cheaper camera.

40g Breeder - Fluval 306 - HW402B - Grow Out Tank - Clown Loaches - Leopard Leaf Fish
Mudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com