What Camera do you have??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H9 and I love it. I also have a Canon Rebel XTi DSLR. There's no question that the Canon takes great pictures and I'm glad I have a DSLR but most of the time I reach for the Sony because it's lightweight and it also takes great pics. I find the Sony better at taking close-up pics of the fish and plants.

I have a Digital Rebel XT and I didn't pay enough attention to the need for a macro lens to take fishy pics.

I actually regret buying it, as it's too complex for my needs and it will be a looong time before I can justify spending the $ on a macro. If I take 400 pics of the fish I might get a couple pretty good ones, but none is outstanding, due to the lack of macro. I'm actually thinking of selling it and getting a cheaper camera.

My old Olympus digital had far fewer MPs but I could take much better pics with that camera--too bad it finally expired!

Ok I have been researching went to bestbuy and played with some camera's i am pretty sure I have decided the new Sony Cybershot DSC H50 which is an upgraded model from the H9 It really felt good in my hands took a clear photo has smile detection and still fancy with a big lens. its 349.99 so with the memory card and extra battery and accessories and tax I am looking at about 420 dollars out of pocket its either that or the next step up would be a Nikon D40 at 650 dollar or a D60 at 730 dollars or the new D80 at 999.99 So the Sony Cybershot it is I am going to trust your word Anti-iasg

Ok I have been researching went to bestbuy and played with some camera's i am pretty sure I have decided the new Sony Cybershot DSC H50 which is an upgraded model from the H9 It really felt good in my hands took a clear photo has smile detection and still fancy with a big lens. its 349.99 so with the memory card and extra battery and accessories and tax I am looking at about 420 dollars out of pocket its either that or the next step up would be a Nikon D40 at 650 dollar or a D60 at 730 dollars or the new D80 at 999.99 So the Sony Cybershot it is I am going to trust your word Anti-iasg
I bought my canon 15is (or somthing like that) for $350 plus memory cards for $420... its an AWESOME camera!

I don't have a true macro lens for my Canon DSLR. I have a 28-135 mm zoom lens with a macro range. The main reason I got this camera was because I have a Canon 100-400 mm zoom lens and I wanted a digital body for this lens, since it was very expensive. My husband uses this Canon camera and lenses more than I do. My first choice is the Sony, mostly because it's lightweight. I carried around a big Canon film body and interchangeable lenses for many years and now I really like the small size of the Sony point-and-shoot that I have.

Figiwigi, you'll really like the Sony. I had the Sony DSC-F717 before I had the H9 and liked it a lot too. I think I used it to death! It gave out after about three years and then I got the H9. I paid about $420 a year ago so you're getting a great deal on the newer model.

Olympus

My Olympus e volt E 300 has a 14-45mm digital wide angle , and a 40 - 150 mm digital zoom. The body itself has multiple setting including a macro setting as well as a sports action setting, which really comes in handy for photographing the fish. Besides the standard built in flash, I have an add on electronic flood flash which diffuses the flash and cuts down on the wash out.

Back
Top Bottom