What Camera do you have??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
My camera is a pile of junk Fuji and takes horrible fish tank photo's I was just wondering if everyone could tell me what camera model they have,how much it cost and if they like it. I am not buying anything for the fish tank until after the honeymoon in a month or so. I am getting Married July 12th and then we have a house in Cambria California on the beach we are staying in for a week. Planning to visit the Monteray Bay aquarium as well as Santa Cruz and Pismo Beach and Hertz Castle. And when we fly in to Seattle we are picking up our New SAINT BERNARD puppy 11weeks old. I definately have a need for taking some photo's. So I was going to buy a camera before I went but I want a decent camera. Not professional quality but not novice either. More of an intermediate camera that takes amazing photo's. So what camera do you have???

If you aren't ready for a digital slr, there are a ton of slr-like point and shoot cameras that take great photos. I use a Canon Powershot S5 IS. It takes great pics IMO. Mine has a cool super-macro mode, though I rarely use it. The zoom is awesome and the macro mode takes great pics. It also has manual and custom modes so you can have more control.

I've been told this Fujifilm one is good and a great price. It has similar features to my camera which probably costs $100 more.

If you want a dslr, some of the entry level ones are pretty good. I've heard good things about the Rebel XTi. Just remember you have to buy lenses for those. ;)

Quote - Rebel XTi. Just remember you have to buy lenses for those. :wink:

They do come with a lense (35 - 55mm I think) that you can do a lot with. I love my digital slr. Macro lense options. Telephoto for outdoor stuff. Limitless possibilities IMO over the compacts if you've got the bucks.

I have the Kodak easy share z712 IS it is a 7.1 mega pixel and a 12X digital zoom.
I think it takes pretty good pics even of my kids on the move, and If I can use it anyone can.

Quote - Rebel XTi. Just remember you have to buy lenses for those. :wink:

They do come with a lense (35 - 55mm I think) that you can do a lot with. I love my digital slr. Macro lense options. Telephoto for outdoor stuff. Limitless possibilities IMO over the compacts if you've got the bucks.

Oh I know. I'm totally looking forward to buying myself a dslr soon. I never know what people's budgets will be so while everyone is recommending slr cameras, i like to remind them that for better macro pics you need a macro lens and then for far away outdoor stuff, you need something else. Definitely worth it if you can spend the money on one. They are definitely supreme over P&S cameras, but there are a few slr-like cameras if you can't spend money on a dslr.

Olympus

We have an Olympus EVOLT E300 Digital 8 mega pixel. It is an awesome camera we purchased on our honeymoon in ST Thomas USVI in October of 2005. If you are in the market for a good digital, and want to get the most for accessories, the place to buy it is in the USVI; duty free and tax free.

My camera is a fuji finepix A345 definately don't reccommend anybody pay more than 40bucks for one I paid 160 dollars about 4years ago. I am looking to spend about 300dollars this time around. I figure if I ask you all what camera you have and shop around online I can get a much better deal than just going to best-buy and picking one up

I also hate how my crappy fuji camera takes forever to shoot the picture once you push the button there is about a 2second delay before the photo is taken even with brand new batteries.
I want a camera that snaps photo's in the blink of an eye like the old 35mm camera's used to.

it also sucks the the batteries down in about 10photo's. are they camera's that don't take AA batteries those get expensive it would be nice if the camera had a rechargable battery or if it didn't draw so much juice from my batteries. I even tried the expensive digital camera batteries those lasted about 12 photo's.

Perfect timng. Go get a copy of the issue of Consumer Reports. I just got mine in the mail and this month the report on digital cameras, both point and shoot and slr's. You can find what you want within your budget.

Don't get less than a 6MP camera and make sure it has a macro setting. Hard to find one without those features today.
P.S. I use a Canon G2 (5MP) camera. My new camera will probably be a Canon (xti, xsi, 40D or the Nikon D80). I have not finsihed reading the CR report yet.

That looks like a really nice camera do you know where to get it for less than $800 How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?? I think I like that style of camera.

I bought it last November it was about 1100.00 with the kit lens. The 20D is out now and I imagine you can find one for less than 800 now. Try B & H photo and Ebay.

Ive got a Canon S5 IS. I love the camera. It has so many different features and functions. The macro and super macro are great and continous shooting is great for getting shots of moving fish. Unfortunatly it does not have a rechargeable battery pack but Im using 2500MaH rechargeable batteries that work great.

I really like the Canon S5 IS as well especially the price I really want to get away from AA batteries and go with a rechargable battery. What camera is in-between the Canon S5 IS for about $300 and the Nikon D80 for about $800 I like the sytle of that type of camera I am thinking maybe just getting the Nikon D40 since it has the ion battery and doens't use AA's plus its outdated enough to be much cheaper.

I have the Olympus E-510 which is coming down in price as the E-520 is getting ready to hit the streets. Also have the Panasonic FZ18 for the long days when I just don't want to hump gear. This is a cool little site. You can plug in as much or as little information as you want, including price range and it'll throw you back recommendations. You can also do side-by-side comparisons of the cameras that met your parameters.

My Product Advisor - Unbiased, Customized Product Recommendations

I have a semi cheap Canon A510.. I think it's 5.1 MP but I'd have to look it up again. It does the job, I can get some good detail for a cheaper camera.

Back
Top Bottom