What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-660642331.jpg

This is my tank its been running sice Friday, what do you think?? Its not done yet I'm adding 6-10 java ferns to the left side of the tank and I might put java moss on all the wood. I'm going to have tiger barbs and Otocinclus and a rainbiw shark in there.

Looks wonderful! Love the full look of your plants. I am jealous that you can get your tank to look like that.. I have yet to have a beautiful tank.

Thank you :) its still not 100% done yet, I'm adding fish in about 2 and a half weeks

Looks like 40g or maybe 55g? Glad you are stocking tiger barbs. I have always liked them myself. You are a long way from cycled but off to a good start.

I'm not sure my self but here is the size, 53 inches by 18 inches by 18 inches.

Really the people at the pet shop said 1 week, how long should a tank this big take? Iv heard that it should be more towards 4 or 6 weeks is that right?

Your tank looks good dude. the only thing i would change would be the pot. Ive never been a fan of them. diying a nice rock cave would compliment the natural look of the tank.

Monkeymagic- yeah I'm not 100% fan of it but I'd rather it be that then an empty space really. My ottos really like hiding in it when I do water changes. I'm looking for some cheap slate to put there.

I can't remember the price but here's the stuff and rough prices:

Pea gravel £10
Top gravel (broken up slate) £10
All the bog wood is from old tanks but altogether around £30
Plants I'm not sure again some of them are from my mums tank maybe £20?
The back of it is what you use when your setting up a pond. It's that black stuff that gets really hit if you keep it in the sun. I got one that was a little bigger then I need. £5
But it keeps the heat in and all the unbeaten fish food sticks to it so the ottos love it.
The pile of slate next to the pots was from a much bigger piece. That was £5
Pots were £1 each. And that all I remember lol

image-3533068053.jpg

This is the tank now, it might look a little browner that's from the bogwood, peat pellets and a little tetra black water.

Wow........looks fantastic, I wpuldn't chamge amything!..... I like the pot, I'm bias coz I use them in 2 of my tanks :)

I'm not :) by the way thank you all of you :) it sucks a little because all my fish decided to hide :( oh well lol iv just added some java moss so if that grows I'll upload a picture.

Back
Top Bottom