What do you think? 40-50 gallon assortment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r-pain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412964406.022279.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412964429.192293.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412964445.321480.jpg

3 bass, war mouth, crappie, 3 blue gills, gourami, rainbow shark, eclipse catfish, small pleco, and a giant freakin clam

I don't like it at all, that stocking is outrageous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Water levels have always been perfect, no bully's, well fed, dual filters, 5 live plants. I know it's out of the ordinary but they get along great and they all interact

Waters green, those bass can reach 20lbs. Frankly it's your tank and it's all good, you asked what I thought.

The waters not green, I don't have lid so I'm doing my best with the lighting, and the walls in my room are green so it reflects I thought it was green the first few days myself

I plan on releasing them when they reach about 10 inches

I plan on releasing them when they reach about 10 inches

Dude nooo, you're doing it wrong, that's illegal. You're going to have to kill them with your bare hands. They can actually make a decent meal with enough garlic and butter, freshwater clams are nasty though..

I know it's illegal to keep them, but releasing them when they get big seems a lot better than eating them. They eat fish and worms right out of my finger tips, it's almost like they've bonded to me. I couldn't eat them

It's illegal to release them back in to the wild, look it up.

Last edited:
Oh you're right. It seems like they have bonded to me, and they won't last in the wild? Because they're dependent on me for food?

Oh you're right. It seems like they have bonded to me, and they won't last in the wild? Because they're dependent on me for food?

No they'd be fine in that regard, it'd be more the risk of introdicing nasties from your tank into the wild.

Thanks for your input, even though it's pretty strange it's a decent set up right? I'm starting to think my tank is bigger than 50 gallons as I don't know because it was given to me, it's about 3.5 feet long. 1.5 tall, and a little over a foot wide. What do you think it is? There's PLENTY of room for the bass to swim and grow

Thanks for your input, even though it's pretty strange it's a decent set up right? I'm starting to think my tank is bigger than 50 gallons as I don't know because it was given to me, it's about 3.5 feet long. 1.5 tall, and a little over a foot wide. What do you think it is? There's PLENTY of room for the bass to swim and grow

Your tank is so far overstocked I'm amazed the fish are alive honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

sounds like a 55g tank
those base wont survive in that tank full grown
id build a pond in the yard

Also by my count there are eight feeder Goldie's in there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom