What is the best camera to take pics of aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I use to think my iphone camera was amazing in photo quality until i started taking pics of my tanks. It does ok but so much detail is left out, it makes my tank look like it was done by an armature. What would be the best camera?

I use to think my iphone camera was amazing in photo quality until i started taking pics of my tanks. It does ok but so much detail is left out, it makes my tank look like it was done by an armature. What would be the best camera?
Hi, i'm no expert with camera's but upon doing some research recently about purchasing a new camera, i discovered a few hints/tips. The resulting picture quality is made up of a number/combination of factors, mega-pixels, processor's, sensors, settings, lens quality etc. I purchased the FujiFilm F500EXR, which is classed as an advanced compact camera. I believe it is one step down from a DSLR. It does the job for me in general. It has many settings, that covers everything that i would need it for. The iphone camera would not have the hardware needed to produce the quality of even a fairly basic digital camera.. Of course the DSLR's would be a better camera but they tend to be more expensive. It really depends on your budget. As i said, i'm no expert in photography and i'm sure someone with more experience will be able to help you out better. I hope this gives you some more knowledge and doesn't confuse you more!!!!

Back
Top Bottom