Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #31
AA Team Emeritus
Agreed it's all about what you want to do with it. If your simply going to be posting pics on the web, you may or may not want a high MP camera, with crops, the more MP the larger you'll be able to show the pic. One thing to keep in mind, the higher MP cameras are usually newer cameras, and while the ccd is also larger it may be of higher quality or it may not.

Bottom line..decide what you want to do with the cam, and find the largest MP tempered with the best quality and the features you desire most in a cam that fits into your budget.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:21 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
3.2MegaPixel Cannon A300

30gal; Bala Shark, Pl*co
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi Kevin,

All of the photos in my gallery, except for the macros were shot with a 5 year old 1.3 Mp Olympus E100RS. Honestly - so far I'm happier with these pics than what I am now getting from my new Olympus C8080Z, an 8Mp unit. Possibly as I get more familiar with the new unit that feeling may change, but then again, with the old camera there was NO learning curve. It is truly a point and shoot. Check out the picture of the owl in my gallery. No one believes it was taken with a 1.3 Mp camera. Would I lie?

Guppyman is a U.S. registered trademark. I maintain 110 tanks and keep 65 species of Corys.
"Sounds Fishy To Me," podcasts, are here.
Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him.
Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote

api, pic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com