Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
I think you need some more darkness on the left of the tank to balance out the big dark piece of dw on the right. Maybe a smaller piece of dw to put over there or some kind of rock?
I was actually thinking of switching out most of the substrate except for the mulm for some eco complete. I really wanna heavily plant this thing! I'll probably attach the anubias to a driftwood i'll be getting for the left side.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

I read on another thread that the nutrients get used up in eco complete. And once they get used up you're stuck with it

Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
I read on another thread that the nutrients get used up in eco complete. And once they get used up you're stuck with it
Interesting. I thought there was some pre packaged bacteria that lived in eco complete that converted detritus into even more mulm. I'm torn between getting the iron and magnese supplement liquid for the plants or the eco complete...since i'm going to heavily plant this tank
Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure.
Do you really need eco complete to heavily plant it?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakesMcCoolWhip

Those are the cutest goldfish! I was looking into getting a panda moor to accompany Kuro but he's just so messy on his own hahah the guy is fist sized already. I'm still trying to fatten him up!

Some snapshots of the full tank:

The scape still looks pretty empty...gotta get more plants. Any suggestions?
Thanks I think so but I'm partial!! Lol since I've seen yours I'm like hmm mm maybe I need a moor too!!!

Lol I think a background would be a good place to Start but I think it's nice As is

What size tank? Atleast a 30 for two goldies... Unfortunately
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossie View Post
Thanks I think so but I'm partial!! Lol since I've seen yours I'm like hmm mm maybe I need a moor too!!!

Lol I think a background would be a good place to Start but I think it's nice As is

What size tank? Atleast a 30 for two goldies... Unfortunately
Yep it's a 30 gallon. they will be the only ones there. I can evict the cory gang to another tank if need be....I just really want another goldfish

On another note, I just added some epic looking driftwood in the tank with two of my anubias attached to it. I'll post pics soon

@tarpon I think i'm deciding against the eco complete. I'll probably just keep it to hardy/non-demanding plants like anubias and java moss/fern and fertilize them with some iron / magnesium liquid fertilizers. I'm still trying to get my hands on that amazing looking narrow leaf java fern!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

I saw a poor fantail the size of a baseball in one of the display tanks at petsmart today .....the tank was so small.

Anyway looking forward to the pics! I'm in the process of decorating my tank/planting it. It'll give me ideas!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakesMcCoolWhip

Yep it's a 30 gallon. they will be the only ones there. I can evict the cory gang to another tank if need be....I just really want another goldfish

On another note, I just added some epic looking driftwood in the tank with two of my anubias attached to it. I'll post pics soon

@tarpon I think i'm deciding against the eco complete. I'll probably just keep it to hardy/non-demanding plants like anubias and java moss/fern and fertilize them with some iron / magnesium liquid fertilizers. I'm still trying to get my hands on that amazing looking narrow leaf java fern!
Yeah two should work in there with a snail or two
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Btw I wanna see pics when u get updated
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

I vote you should add an oranda I have 2 in my 29 and they are the greatest fish ever. They like to nibble my arms while I'm doing maintenance and swim through my hands. They're chubby faces would be a great contrast to your moor's adorable eyes

Tags
black moor, black moors, moor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com