Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Wild flowers

Just was mowing the lawn and saw all these wildflowers in full bloom in the front of the house. Figured I would snap a few shots.

Here is the only good one from my first batch. The sun made it hard to figure out if it was focused or not.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
SixFootDaisy

Beautiful!!!
Old 07-19-2003, 04:45 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Fantastic pic, FF!
ReefLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 06:08 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Thank you both. I hope to have some more this evening.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:30 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
mowing the lawn

So, did you mow them down? Great pic, can't wait to see more!!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Ya I acutally did mow a few flowers off. These darn things are like 4' tall and some are laying down into the yard.

http://www.vafishfreek.com/gallery/wildflowers

I had way to many good photos to share here so I just made an album on my website. Please make sure you check out the second page for the bee photo if you dont click thru all of the images.

All photos taken with Nikon 4500. The first photo was on auto mode. All others was on shutter priority. Most of them where taken with the shutter at 1/125. Some had macro mode on. Others did not. Cick on the link that says "Photo Properties" for more information about the specific camera settings for that given image.

Old 07-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Dude!! That's great, those are some really cool flowers!! We have nothing like that around here that you don't have to buy and plant, I hope you left some of them up!!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 07:43 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

ya i left most of them up.

We had to plant these also. But it was more or less sew the seed. It took almost two months before anything started to come up. And before it all bloomed i swear the front of our house looked like a jungle.

Old 07-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Beautiful pic!! Would look great as a background on the desktop or even a card!

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flow, wild

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com