X-Ray Pristella Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coryluv

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had 7 for a little over a month. These guys are active. I finally got a decent picture of some of them. If you ever wondered about the X-ray part you can really see it in this picture

47265-albums12890-picture59592.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Those are really cool. I'm rethinking of what tetra I'm going to get this weekend now.

THanks bettaowner, plantedtankman and Fresh2o I was totally unfamiliar with this tetra when I started planning this South American tank. I was visiting various fish stores during cycling when I observed this species in one of the stores. It was love at first sight. Of course, I then researched the fish and its needs as well as used Aqadvisor to formulate a stocking plan.

The more I learned about the fish the more I liked it. They are peaceful yet active. They are enthusiastic eaters. Like many SA tetras they school, or school loosely or not at all when comfortable in their surroundings.

For my 29 gal tank 7 is a good number. It is enough of them to make an impact, but not so many that I can't stock several other species of fish. I'm extremely happy with mine. They are known to be tolerant of a wide pH range and a good beginner fish. But you don't need to be a beginner to appreciate them.

One more thing, an old name was signal tetra because of the white, yellow and black on their fins. Pair those bold fins with their reddish-orange tails and silvery bodies, and they are a thoroughly attractive fish.

Back
Top Bottom