Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just thought we'd share new Xenia we got, constantly pulsing very cool, looks like something that runs on batteries :)

I have had a xenia for about 6 months and it never pulsed. Everyone said it was my parameters in the tank. I put the 400 watt MH on the tank and it has been pulsing like crazy every since, must have been the light.

it doesn't pulse when there is too much flow around it. my friend's pulses with a 36 watt 50/50. i had some that pulsed with only 26 watts. of course, that was in a 2.5 gallon. i took it out of my tank because it spreads like a weed and it didn't want it taking over.

Xenia, want some???? I got plenty.

100Picture_5.jpg

it doesn't pulse when there is too much flow around it.

I've heard this statement before, and I think it's species dependant or possibly there is no commonality at all. I have red sea pulsing xenia (Xenia elongata) and it loves current. It pulses faster when the current is off, but it pulses pretty fast (couple times per sec) with lots of flow....

may i ask what you mean by "pulse?"

Many species of xenia pulse, the polyp will open and close.

I have 2 different types of xenia, the pulsing xenia that I have was given to be by a friend. It pulses very slowly. The other kind I have (the pic above) pulses better then the kind I thought was supposed to.

Hey rthoman if your serious, I would like to get some xenia, would be willing to pay S&H. PM me The limited stock around here is very poor.

Sounds good guys. I never shipped any before so your gonna have to walk me through it. I have 3 seperate Rocks covered in it that I have been cutting up. I'm gonna post a pic of the 10 gallon that I am keeping them in as soon as I take one.

I have some other small peices of rocks that have a few yellow polyps, and some red buttons too.

I'd love to be able to trade frags!

Back
Top Bottom