yay pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat8you

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so we recently discovers a very cool little shop that is being set up by our house called midwest reef supply. He is still getting things organized and what not but he has some excellent corals and frags so i took some pictures to share with everyone. Here is some info on the place. The hours are pretty bad because its still something he does after his day job.

1-847-884-3140
MidWest Reef Supply Co.
support@midwestreefsupply.com

I'm not trying to advertise for him or anything but i do feel i need to give credit where credit is due. I just wanted so share since he has such nice pieces.

Sorry about the pictures. Some have waves and glare and i had to throw away a bunch of pictures because they didn't turn out that well.

img_875052_0_ef9c494381d83841ecb6c9854c700a50.jpg

img_875052_1_8da7fb9beb12825a91ec38ed8c1530b8.jpg

img_875052_2_475d7a3272afd8cdcb586056844ddd9a.jpg

img_875052_3_2adb02d8a7b6f85930b625f084ada7b0.jpg

img_875052_4_36cb2dc7132830853dd6cffa5ce29cd8.jpg

more to come give me a min to upload in another post.

You and Brian need to get those pics up!!!

Thanks for sharing though they do have some nice pieces! Did you give him my info I really would like to get in touch with him and bounce some things around.

OK and i'm spent. Let me know what you think. I'm not sure if he has things ready to ship from his web site yet but if anyone is interested i can probably let him know and ask him if he is willing to ship to people. Hope you like that as much as i do.

Wish I lived in the vicinity, that birdsnest (Seriatopora) would be mine ;)

Well i say small because the overall size isn't real big and everything is still disorganized kind of a thing. I guess he only opened like a year ago or something and the place is stuck in a little hole in the wall. But that being said he has the best SPS's around.

Great pics of some very nice frags. He should do quite well once he's set up and open for business.

I really hope he does. You can tell he really cares a lot about the hobby. He told me that he picks out all his SPS colonies from local reefers and things like as opposed to buying them from wholesalers. It really does show too. The ones i took pictures of were just a fraction of what he had and almost all of them were really good looking healthy pieces.

i love to see the joker zoas

Yeah i really like those. I'm going back and calling first on the purple people eaters he has too. Very bright zoas

yeah i'm not sure what the purple people eater look like, but i bet there nice. if you get them post the price of what you got them for my jokers costs alot for very few.

yeah i'm not sure what the purple people eater look like, but i bet there nice.

They are the zoas with the deep purple centers and bright green skirts. If i can remember i'll try to ask him the price of those other zoas.

I'm pretty sure those are favia brains up there (someone correct me if i'm wrong) Would i have good enough lighting and such to keep one of those? (info on tank in signiture) Anything special they need or are they easy to take care of?

hey what kinda camera u shooting with they might make a filter to cut that glare away.

I don't know how well a favia would do with that amount of light. They tend to like higher light...I have one in my frag tank and it doesn't look as nice as it did when it was in my main display.

Back
Top Bottom