Years to build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello I have been working on my 36 gallon bowfront aquarium for at least 2.5 years. It is filling in with plants. I think it is finally done and ready to show. I did a lot of research and changing of equipment. I also grew most of my plants in a growing aquarium. Here it is.

Lights: zoo med aquasun T5 HO dual light fixture with one ultrasun light and one florasun bulbs.

Filter: one fluval 305 canister filter

Circulation pump: one aqueon circulation pump model 950

Heater: glass heater can't remember the brand but its 200watts

Substrait: half caribsea black sand and half plantable substrait which name escapes me

Plants are all live. Real drift wood. Inhabitants include: one golden kille fish, 3 otos, 3 spotted Cory catfish, 2 turquoise rainbows, 3 boesemani rainbows and one golden goraumi ...

I know the rainbows will out grow this aquarium they will be sold soon.

That looks very nice! IMO very well done on both plants and aquascaping (y)

But, boesmani rainbows get too big for that size tank, unfortunately :(

Fishkeeper88 said:
Hello I have been working on my 36 gallon bowfront aquarium for at least 2.5 years. It is filling in with plants. I think it is finally done and ready to show. I did a lot of research and changing of equipment. I also grew most of my plants in a growing aquarium. Here it is.

Lights: zoo med aquasun T5 HO dual light fixture with one ultrasun light and one florasun bulbs.

Filter: one fluval 305 canister filter

Circulation pump: one aqueon circulation pump model 950

Heater: glass heater can't remember the brand but its 200watts

Substrait: half caribsea black sand and half plantable substrait which name escapes me

Plants are all live. Real drift wood. Inhabitants include: one golden kille fish, 3 otos, 3 spotted Cory catfish, 2 turquoise rainbows, 3 boesemani rainbows and one golden goraumi ...

I know the rainbows will out grow this aquarium they will be sold soon.

Very nice tank! Great work, nice job! (y)

Very nice tank. How do you like that fixture? I have a 36 bowfront as well and have been eye balling that fixture. From the descriptions I have read of that fixture both bulbs have their own switches right?

Hi i would try and add some plants with a slightly different coloured leaves,and shape. Looking very nice though(y) Keep up the good work:)

Very nice tank. How do you like that fixture? I have a 36 bowfront as well and have been eye balling that fixture. From the descriptions I have read of that fixture both bulbs have their own switches right?

i really like the zoo med light housing it does have two switches. it can be suspended from the ceiling by wire or attached to the aquarium. thankfully the bow front allows a much easier water change area then a rectangular aquarium. i recommened using the color enhancing daylight bulb in tandem with the florasun bulb. together they make a wonderful white light.

Fishkeeper88 said:
i really like the zoo med light housing it does have two switches. it can be suspended from the ceiling by wire or attached to the aquarium. thankfully the bow front allows a much easier water change area then a rectangular aquarium. i recommened using the color enhancing daylight bulb in tandem with the florasun bulb. together they make a wonderful white light.

I definetly think I will be getting this fixture

I think this tank is beautiful. Your hard work and patience shows. Also, I have no personal experience with the Zoo Med light so it was interesting to hear about yours.

Really nice job. :)

thank you very much. i took my time and worked on it alot. i knew little about planted tanks when i started. i always had fake plants until a few years ago. now i have learned two of the most important things: 1. the more living plant matter the better the tank functions. 2. i also discovered that i dont have to clean the sand and substrate but maybe every 5-6 months depending on the bioload and the amount of waste that is not being used by the plants. i dont use co2 and my aquarium is very low maintnance.

I agree with you. I don't do the high tech planted stuff, but I keep low/medium light plants in every tank that I can (as lighting permits). I believe that live plants contribute greatly to water quality and overall fish health.

Your big sword plant is looking impressive!

Back
Top Bottom