Yellow Lab and Red Empress Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verse914

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here are some pics of my yellow labs and a few of my red empress. The labs are REALLY hard to shoot as they are so bright, it confuses the camera...

yellow2_D70.jpg

yellow1_D70.jpg

yellow3_D70.jpg

redempressM6_D70.jpg

redempressM7_D70.jpg

redempressM5_D70.jpg

Aaron, as usual, beautifull fish! Great shots! :D
Just a quick question, apart from a good camera, how do you get these great pics? do you use a tripod? (don't know if it's the correct word) Do you use an external flash? Do you ever have reflection of the flash on the glass of the tank when using external? Because with my 'crap' camera with internal flash I almost always have the flash in my picture. I do have an external flash, but it's for an 'old' camera, not for a digital one. Do you think I can use this on a digital camera?

Wow! Simply Wow! If I had half your skills............

Great idea here: If you get time why not post and aquarium photography tutorial or informative thread in the Lounge??

Great work.

Billsgate said:
Aaron, as usual, beautifull fish! Great shots! :D
Just a quick question, apart from a good camera, how do you get these great pics? do you use a tripod? (don't know if it's the correct word) Do you use an external flash? Do you ever have reflection of the flash on the glass of the tank when using external? Because with my 'crap' camera with internal flash I almost always have the flash in my picture. I do have an external flash, but it's for an 'old' camera, not for a digital one. Do you think I can use this on a digital camera?
Billsgate
I can take these pictures as Ive had a lot of practice. Ive been taking fish pics for 3-4 years now. My fish are used to the camera, so that makes it easier. They dont freak out when they see it-they just act natural. I dont shoot these with a tripod as that would be too restrictive. I like to move around the tank and take shots wherever I want. I use an external flash over the top of the tank, so I dont get any reflections back into the camera. It does wonders for fish photography. Im not sure if yours will work or not...chances are it wont sync with your cam, but its worth a shot! the biggest help in fish photography is lighting. Get as much light over the tank as possible. Im running VHO lights on my 125 and all my other tanks have PowerCompacts over them. It gives me plenty of light to shoot at a higher shutter speed with a lower ISO.
hope this helps.

Thanks everyone :)

revhtree
I have wanted to write something up, just never taken the time to do so. I keep telling myself that I need to get something up :)

Thanks for the reply verse 914! I'll try the external flash and see what it does for me. I don't have the financial means to buy decent lighting :p Only a poor student :wink:
What camera do you use? Digital?

verse914, you really need to stop posting pictures because youre making the rest of us look bad. :twisted:
Just kidding! I'm just jealous of your talent, being that I have none!!! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom