10 Gallon Aquarium stand Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleky plec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I'm planning on building an aquarium stand in my industrial tech class at school. The problem is, I can't find any plans. I'm having a really hard time and I need some ideas. Simple ones. The width should be 11" length 21" and I don't know about how tall it should be. Could anyone give me plans or link me to any website? Thanks.

Frame the tank out with 2/4,s make two frames and put 2/4s in between frames 36in. High

The only stand i own that was store bought has 23 inch legs. The legs have 2 matching rectangular frames on the insides of the legs which the legs are bolted to. The bottom frame acts as a shelf for storing aquarium goods and is about 3 inches above the ground. The top frame is attached to form a flat top to match the height of the legs. Now a platform is built from plywood and some timber is attached to the plywood at the front and sides so that 5mm of the bottom of the tank is hidden from view.

Maybe you could build an open fronted display case that you could put other interesting collectable things you have with a specialized section in the middle for your tank. Or even design a hinged cupboard your tank can rest on.

You could possibly design a stand that acts like a window sill planter box.

You could design a shorter stand that would elevate the tank over a desk so you don't lose working space on the desk.

To really help you with planning something you will need to say where you will be displaying the tank and if you could also use the space in the bottom of the stand for hidden storage or for displaying things. You really have a lot of options that will all require slightly different plans. Give us an idea of what you want and people might be able to suggest ways you can make your idea work.

Back
Top Bottom