100 + gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurupt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, i was googling around on some DIYs to building your own tank, and i stumbled upon this website.

Basically, i have a red eared slider that is outgrowing his tank. So instead of buying a 100 + gallon tank, i would rather build one and spend the money on a nice filter.

I have a friend who works at a glass company, so he would be able to give me all of the glass for free, all i need is the dimensions.

What dimensions/ glass thickness do you guys recommend for a 120 gallon tank ?

Also, would i need a get a frame for the tank or should the silicon be enough to hold it ?

If anyone has any other tips or advice to building your own tank, please let me know.

Thank you !

Hey there, if you havent build a tank before maybe 100 + gal is a little ambicious, but if you are set upon it here is what I can help you with.

In regards to glass thickness you can use the following table:

http://www.theaquatools.com/building-your-aquarium

But before that you must set the dimensions yourself to see which thickness they requiere. Throw some numbers around depending if you want it a bit taller or longer and use one of many aquarium tank volume calculators which you can Google. Hope this helps, maybe others can throw some advice as well, take care.

Back
Top Bottom