100 gallon stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaiTank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought some new 2 by 4s . Need to make my stand bigger now that I ordered the 100 gallon two inches wider. Thought I was done, but the staining continues. Made two pieces to lvl the tank in my house. Thinking of using a yoga mat or that floor foam between the tank and the stand. Any thoughts?

Sounds good with the mat...my brother said he didnt put anything between the tank and the stand and his floor shifted almost cracking his tank in half...the tank wasnt completely level so I think its a good idea to put something that will move with the tank if your floor isnt level

Most manufacturer's don't recommend foam under the tanks. What brand of tank do you have? I'm assuming it is glass.

Edit: To make it easier, if you have trim that goes around the tank you don't need foam. Foam is for all glass or acrylic tanks that the bottom pane rests on the stand. It is used to distribute the weight of the tank evenly onto an uneven surface. The plastic trim on most glass tanks serves the same purpose and foam will not benefit you.

Back
Top Bottom