110 Gallon Glass Aquarium Repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I have read, trim doesnt really do a whole lot to hold the tank together. As you can see in the pics the tank is completely full of water and have let it sit for 24 hours and checked for leaks. It all looks good. Now I am planning to put new trim on the tank, I removed all the trim during the repair process except for 1 piece. Realistically, I do understand why the trim may be on there, the edges are still rather sharp as I have found out.

When the tank was full, I invited my neighbor to help me bask in my glory and like any good neighbor, she was quick to point out the the bottom glass was cracked. Now at this point, my pucker factor went through the roof as you might have known. See pic attached. After draining the tank, I performed a thorough inspection and found out that it in not a crack, but just a very so slight scratch, but looking at it full of water was nerve racking. Anyway here is some more pics, this time draining and the one with the "OMG I'm glad its just a scratch" LOL:bandit:

Attachments

• pic011109_1(2).jpg
    pic011109_1(2).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 79
  • pic011109_1(3).jpg
    pic011109_1(3).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 92
  • pic011109_2(2).jpg
    pic011109_2(2).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 71
  • pic011109_3.jpg
    pic011109_3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 66
Been there with the "scratch" before. It is a very scary thing and for some reason you don't seem to notice it until the tank is completely full! I went to the extreme with mine and pumped...and I do mean pumped it empty very very quickly to find out it was a silicone string stuck to the bottom of the tank. Better safe then sorry though, if you have read through my thread you will understand my concern.

I'm glad you tank was not cracked! I can't wait to see it put together!

That's really great!!
I really want to know how to make a hole on glass. if i can make a hole, i will built one. Any special drills??? Can u pls tell me how to do it please.!!!!:)
Kyaw

you said you found a good site for ordering glass? what is it? how much did you end of spending?

Repairing Brokern Glass

Where did you find your glass for your repair? I have to replace the end glass in a 60 gallon take

Hi, I'm a newbie to the site and I just wanted to know how did you manage to pull the seal off of the top and bottom of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom