120w dimmable full spectrum lights with reefkeeper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have heard of ppl taking apart there led fixtures and taking the dimmer out and hooking it up to the 0-10v on the ALC? Has anyone tried this?? Mine has 3 wires on the dimmers. Black yellow and white. They are the Chinese ones from eBay.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401627124.276022.jpgfrom what I was told you need to run these to accomplish your idea. I've wanted to do this for a while now but never materialized. Keep me updated to your diy.

You need to find out if your drivers are dimmable, and even if dimmable is it PWM or analog, if analog 0-5 or 0-10
Its not that hard to disassemble the driver, look at pcb for marking, take picture and upload it if you cannot determine it yourself.

Measure the voltage on the center pin of your potentiometer "the knob you turning" against both other pin to find out the max voltage..

Dezso

I only have three wires a white wire black wire and yellow wire going into the dimmer I'm trying to hook up this 120 W full spectrum Chinese LEDto my ALC reEd keeper. I will upload pictures in the next hour or so because I have to use a website to upload the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read your first post, your controller output 0-10v and this led driver takes 0-5 or 5v PWM so you will need a voltage divider. Add 2 1K resistor.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415504648.100618.jpg

So all I have to do is have 2 1k resistors inline to drop the voltage to half. Is this 2 per 10v channel or 2 on one channel. Because I have 2 10v channels I need to divide. Lmk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is per channel, your channel 1 feed to Vin and Vout goes to the driver 1, repeat for channel 2 same circuit

Back
Top Bottom