Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just went through the exact same feeling about a month ago I would turn it off when I went to bed and to work I left my hob filters run when I shut off my sump I got it up and running on a Monday and I waited til the weekend when I could keep a little better eye on it then I just went for it lol now I don't even hardly think about it so I would say with all the precautions you took go for it

Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spechty37 View Post
I just went through the exact same feeling about a month ago I would turn it off when I went to bed and to work I left my hob filters run when I shut off my sump I got it up and running on a Monday and I waited til the weekend when I could keep a little better eye on it then I just went for it lol now I don't even hardly think about it so I would say with all the precautions you took go for it
I know that it will not overflow and I will not burn my pump out when I loose water to evaporation. I have a rke with net on it. I am trying to get the mobile part setup. No luck. App just crashes. I need to find out how to make my overflow a little more quieter. I put a lid on it. Thinking of putting a sponge of some sort in there to muffle it. Any suggestions?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

If forget is your tank drilled or do you have a hob overflow box
Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
If forget is your tank drilled or do you have a hob overflow box
it is drilled with the box in the middle. Here is a pic.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Is the drain on the bottom of the tank if it is guys on here told me to get a piece of ridged tubing about a foot or so and stick it down the drain until it quiets down I did it and it worked for me the only problem I had was fastening it so it would stay there start another thread asking how to quiet it and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Is the drain on the bottom of the tank if it is guys on here told me to get a piece of ridged tubing about a foot or so and stick it down the drain until it quiets down I did it and it worked for me the only problem I had was fastening it so it would stay there start another thread asking how to quiet it and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions
i got som make a filter pad stuff. It will be like a peer filter and quiet down the water. My prob is not the water going down the tube. It is when it flows down to it, it splashes on water that is in there.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Okay so today is the first time I'm going to leave my tank running for 10 hours. Only security I have is my mother is at my house watching my son. I'll let you know at 7 o'clock how everything works out. Fingers crossed
Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Everything is fine. I just need to make my markings in the refugium where the water is when it is full so I know when to add. I am not going to hook up my ato yet. Going to get the tank down to a science first.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

I figured it would be
Old 10-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Im very confused... let me recap to make sure I understand.

You have enough room in your sump to hold all the water from the lines if the power goes out.

You have an emergency shut off for your pump in case something happens and there is no water in your sump so now your pump wont burn out.

Maybe I should have red the first pages to know your setup better however if you have a drilled tank then you should have no fear open all throttles and let er rip.

If your using a syphon overflow system then is there enough room in your tank to hold all the extra water from the sump without overflowing?

That last one would be my only fear if I were you.

Tags
1.5g, acrylic, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com