140 center brace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No that brace is used for support to keep the glass from bowing

I know but i need to take it out install my overflow box. So my tank will be drilled. And put it back in or put a new one back in

I know but i need to take it out install my overflow box. So my tank will be drilled. And put it back in or put a new one back in

Oh ok. I guess I just misunderstood you at first. You can remove the whole top or bottom trim. It is just siliconed in place. I wouldn't move or fill the tank with water while it is off though since it will most likely break the seal in between the panes. Just take a razor blade and separate the silicone that is holding the trim in place and resilicone it back on

I have to frame off and silicone off bc i plan on resealing everything but that center brace i cant get out. I read a couple forums and people do some crazy stuff, idk if i want to risk my tank like they did. One pulled the silicone off and filled the tank up so it would bow to get it off anothher person used a jack to push the walls apart. Idk if im game for that. I wish i could find another way. I tried pulling straight up but the tank comes up with it

Back
Top Bottom