I managed to get some more work done over the weekend. Putting the red oak wrap on the tank went very quick, but now I'm getting into the trim work and it's turning out to be real slow going and tuff. On the plus side, it's starting to come together and I can see what the final products going to look like.
Pics should be better ... I got an early fathers day gift ... Minolta S414.
The next step was attaching the face to the frame. You can see how the recessed doors are going to work here.
Then I cut out the floor. This wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The circular saw, a tiger saw (reciprocating), and a coping saw made this real easy.
Here's a look at the floor from underneath. 2x6's will support the fuge which I'm guessing will be around 65 gallons.
Then the top
Here's the last pic that I took. I put the vertical fluted trim on here. I couldn't find this at the local DIY
stores so I decided to route it myself. It came out good but took about 3 hours, a couple beers, and plenty of fowl language. If I had to do it over, I would wait for the millwork stores to open Monday. Hope you can see it ok in the pic.