2" U-bend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystery

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know where I could find a clear plastic U-bend pipe with about a 2 inch diameter?

Like a sink trap? Lowes/HD in the sink/toilet repair section. Not sure if they are 2"... if not, 2 45's/90's w/ a stub connector ?

Last edited:
I think the clear part will be the problem. I just saw these at HD yesterday, but they are white or gray. What will you be using it for that needs it to be clear? Knife fish?

My application is very low tech. I want to use it to connect two tanks, it needs to be clear so I can check it isn't filling up with air and to know if livestock "missing" from the tanks are hiding in it.

you will probably have to buy a straight piece, use a hot air gun to heat it up and bend it yourself. that is of course if the clear stuff reacts the same as regular pvc.

Thanks for the tip, when I search for elbows i can find retailers who have them, and I have some PVC glue to make up the shape I need :)

Kewl.. sounds like you could use reg schd-40 white PVC for the connector between the 45's/90's then it would be mostly clear .. Until the algae/bacteria/gunk slime coat the pipe. Ever look at inside of a canister hose? Yuck

How do you plan to get the air out of it for initial filling?

You can use an airtube to siphon the air out or you could use an Aqualifter pump and set it up that way. Either put a small elbow at the top or stick the airtube into the U tube.

I just use an airtube. I did have an Aquabridge but it is badly designed and too large. Currently I am using a 1 1/4 inch siphon u-bend which is just the right shape but slightly too small for the fish to use. What I really need is a U-bend like a sipon u bend, but 2-3 inches in diameter.

Kewl.. sounds like you could use reg schd-40 white PVC for the connector between the 45's/90's then it would be mostly clear .. Until the algae/bacteria/gunk slime coat the pipe. Ever look at inside of a canister hose? Yuck
It' GROSS

Back
Top Bottom