200g Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was under the impression you only had to fiberglass the joints and then the paint would waterproof the wood. is that a different technique or are you just over doing things again?

so sorry about the tang. we've all been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should only have to but i'm going for super extreme preventative measures. :) I like to play it safe with 200g of water in the living room.

Thanks. I learned a lot from having him. Hopefully this mistake will help prevent more down the road.

melosu58 and I spent a lot of time removing posts unrelated to this thread. It is now reopened. Flake has worked very hard on this build and we will permit the thread to continue. Please stay on topic and keep all instant-message type postings out of the thread. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you so much! Now that glass is ordered I need to finish fiberglassing big time. I've been slackerpants. ;;

My goals for this weekend (most of which will happen tomorrow. I'm spending today at a pool. :) ) are to finish fiberglassing and finish the stand.

how many days before the galss gets there? i'm sure you're gonna want to move it as few times as possible and if you can put it in the tank when it's delivered that would be the least amount of times.

also i meant to ask why you have to sand the fiberglass?

No idea. The lady has to call me back with an estimate from the distributor on shipping. They have to build a special crate to ship it. :) I'm using fiberglass mat and resin. If you need to layer them, you need to sand between layers to ensure a better hold. Since i'm working in bits, they eventually need to overlap. I need to sand the places I expect to or know to overlap. (Like corners)

ok i didnt realize you had to layer it. that should motivate you do to more of the fiber glassing at a time right? the more you do while wet the less sanding.
go to town on it.
lol

Ammonia was at 0. That was the first thing I checked. He wasn't skipping. It looked almost like he'd lose balance. he'd be swimming fine then suddenly the top fin would puff up and he'd just crash. Repeat. Very strange.

No progress on the tank. Had a busy weekend. A lot less spare time than I was hoping for. Finishing smallreef up, then all energy will be poured into the tank. If i'm not done with fiberglassing by next weekend, i'll be surprised.

Still fiber-glassing?

Dang you need to get a move on! My tank's gonna be up before yours! lol

It already is PP, yours holds water :)

Soooo glass is in! (yay) buuuut due to busy weekends and lazy days nothing else has gotten done. ;;

This weekend NOTHING is planned except getting more fish in the 46 and resetting up the 10. So i'm thinking it's tank time :mrgreen:

ehhh well.....no

:)

I still have to finish fiberglassing (i haaaaate it) and pond armor. The glass. Then ready to fill.

Almost done though! I need extra hands for the resin, so things have been slow going.

Back
Top Bottom