200g Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No update. Beatles rock band came out today so I have been otherwise engaged >> I have friends over friday so i'm hoping I can weasel some suckers into mixing fiberglass. OR get some done tonight and have them mix epoxy. We shall see. I want to work on it tomorrow after my shipment from blue zoo comes (yay) so we'll see what errands look like. Hopefully nothing.

Total bill. Hrmm. Lots :D

I have all the reciepts somewhere, i'll do a run down when i'm done. Between glass, plywood and equipment i'd probably say about 1500-2000$? Big beefy canister filters and lights are not cheap. :(

No update. Beatles rock band came out today so I have been otherwise engaged >> I have friends over friday so i'm hoping I can weasel some suckers into mixing fiberglass. OR get some done tonight and have them mix epoxy. We shall see. I want to work on it tomorrow after my shipment from blue zoo comes (yay) so we'll see what errands look like. Hopefully nothing.

Total bill. Hrmm. Lots :D

I have all the reciepts somewhere, i'll do a run down when i'm done. Between glass, plywood and equipment i'd probably say about 1500-2000$? Big beefy canister filters and lights are not cheap. :(
psh.. rock band..
xD

Canisters? do a sump! I hear they are the cure to swine flu.. :bowl:

It's fuuun. xD

The sump is to come. It's going to be hard to get under the tank so I didn't want something that I'd need to access a lot of space for. The canisters and the skimmer will be sitting by a side panel for now. Once I get used to the maintenance then a sump will follow, but as of now, to get under the tank, it will require moving a VERY heavy sofa.

Yes. I'm letting that sit in a bucket/tank/rubbermaid. There's not really a lot of HOB skimmers for more than 100g. Plus I don't really have a back to hang off of.

Until I can figure out the best way to manage the maintenance without moving the sofa, I can't really have a sump.

I've built the stand to be the exact height of the sofa, so that it can sit behind the sofa and look all pretty. :)

The problem is that the sofa is a sleeper sofa so it's REALLY heavy, and nearly impossible to move to get to the stand.

O, that makes a little more since. why don't you make it where you have access tot he side of the stand? You should have plenty of room to move around under a 200g tank. I would only use like a 55g or 75g sump so that won't take up much room under a 200g.

That's the plan. I just want to see how hard it is to get to the canisters before I commit myself to a sump I can't reach. :)

It would be totally cool if you made the sump into a couch, like the bottoms is all see through and you can see deh water and stuff. That would be fancy! Put some fish themed fabric over some foam and you'll have a comfy place to play rock band xD

Heh. If I had an unlimited budget and your permission, I'd totally make your tank the most complicated, awesome, and excessively epic in the world. xD

Heh. If I had an unlimited budget and your permission, I'd totally make your tank the most complicated, awesome, and excessively epic in the world. xD

Yes, then i would steal it. Don't ask me how i would get a 200g tank with water, fish, and other stuff out of the house without being noticed but i will.:bowl:

none of those work well on carpet :)

The room is also not that big. I'll get to the sump eventually, but I just wanna see how this goes first.

Back
Top Bottom