Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
It can be freshwater! In fact, most I see are fresh. There's actually very few salty plywood tanks.

Meant to order glass today, went to the aquarium instead Love that place. Have a membership. If you can go, go. The tropical exhibit is fun. It's my stocklist all in one tank

Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #202
Aquarium Advice Regular

gotta say, it looks nice! =)

zeig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #203
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pictures soon! I promise promise promise! My tang is stressed (again) so we have ich (again) so my concentration is diverted elsewhere. Seems moving things in the tank and then lights out have done a number on the little guy, all ichy last night, discolored this morning. He now has a white ring around his eye, Very strange. He doesn't look good.

So i'm googling up a store trying to figure out whats up with my little doot rather than fiberglassing. I also need to clean the carpet around the bedroom for the new tank. My lfs buddy is working today so I'm grabbing live rock and the rest of my order for this uber tank today! If nothing else you get pictures of unboxed shiny equiptment. Mmmmmm.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #204
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post
Pictures soon! I promise promise promise! My tang is stressed (again) so we have ich (again) so my concentration is diverted elsewhere. Seems moving things in the tank and then lights out have done a number on the little guy, all ichy last night, discolored this morning. He now has a white ring around his eye, Very strange. He doesn't look good.

So i'm googling up a store trying to figure out whats up with my little doot rather than fiberglassing. I also need to clean the carpet around the bedroom for the new tank. My lfs buddy is working today so I'm grabbing live rock and the rest of my order for this uber tank today! If nothing else you get pictures of unboxed shiny equiptment. Mmmmmm.
LOL, anything should suffice!!

As for the fishy, Im sorry and I hope he gets better!!! :-|
Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will satisfy the need for pictures possibly this afternoon if you guys are nice.

me too. I'm worried. I'm not testing water and doing waterchanges like a mad woman. If we don't do well, I'll have learned my lesson and not try a hippo tang again for a while. I'll be the first coral only reef tank
Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Addict

hes probably stressed from being in a small tank. get the 200 up asap
Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Addict

No dice.

I dont think it was the tank. Every time I moved something around he'd get ich. I dont think it was helping but I dont think it was the cause. He was happy and fine till I started doing really frequent water changes and lights out for the cyano. Turned the lights on last night to check, ich, turned them on this morning, colorless and divebombing headfirst into the sand. I'm sure it was stress, and i'm sure the tank didn't help, but i dont think that alone killed him. The small tank fluxuates so much, any change could've stressed him. In all honesty, i probably would have quarantined him here anyways since he's so small.

Oh well. I feel i've learned my lesson on this one. I dont know if i'll try blue tangs again. I now expect a fury of "i told you so's" like I'm already starting to get but I feel bad enough, so I'd rather we just skip that and move on.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will go take pictures. Right now. Just for you. Pardon my messy basement and bedroom. I need to clean.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post
No dice.

I dont think it was the tank. Every time I moved something around he'd get ich. I dont think it was helping but I dont think it was the cause. He was happy and fine till I started doing really frequent water changes and lights out for the cyano. Turned the lights on last night to check, ich, turned them on this morning, colorless and divebombing headfirst into the sand. I'm sure it was stress, and i'm sure the tank didn't help, but i dont think that alone killed him. The small tank fluxuates so much, any change could've stressed him. In all honesty, i probably would have quarantined him here anyways since he's so small.

Oh well. I feel i've learned my lesson on this one. I dont know if i'll try blue tangs again. I now expect a fury of "i told you so's" like I'm already starting to get but I feel bad enough, so I'd rather we just skip that and move on.
Ironic.. you said blue tangs were totally worth it in my stocking thread and everyone said they are prone to ich lol. It sucks though, if any of my fish get ich I'm gonna go crazy because I'll think my 30-40 dollar fish is going to die. (no, this isn't an "i told you so" xD it's more of a "irony!")

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

They're beautiful. I think they're worth it. I'm just a little blue right now. I'm feeling a little "fish killery" today so I don't really intend on killing a second one as of now.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com