200g Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not really an option as far as I can tell. Making it easily detachable would compromise the structural integrity. Or so i'd think. CHeck out the garf calculator. Simple basic plans.

http://garf.org/tank/buildtank.asp
You could build a smaller one now. That's not really cost effective but worth the fun.

I think i might build a REALLY small one just to get my feet wet. Like a 20 gallon plywood aquarium.

For a stand I was thinking 2x4s with carriage bolts. Reinforced frame in the center. I am still playing with the idea in my head.

So glass people finally called. No go on the starphire! Booooo. They can only get it in 1/2 inch. Guess we're going with regular glass then. :(

I did get more fiberglassing done. I'm not a complete slacker on this!

So glass people finally called. No go on the starphire! Booooo. They can only get it in 1/2 inch. Guess we're going with regular glass then. :(

I did get more fiberglassing done. I'm not a complete slacker on this!

according to garf you only need 3/8" in glass. 1/2" would actually be extra insurance. go with the starfire.

Please folks let`s keep this on topic please.

It is i think. they were talking about the kind of glass to use on the tank.:foot:

I can't wait to see it. Are you going to find a way to paint the inside or find a way to make it blue on the inside or anything. Because i see the insides of them blue sometimes in some pics.

I have deleted several posts that were either off topic or very inapropriate. Warnings have been issued and this thread will be locked if it goes off course again. You can not use threads as a chat area.

Sorry Melosu... It was a joke relating to something in chat. I didn't think it was that bad but in future I'll err on the side of caution. Sorry to anyone who found it offensive. :(

Sorry Melosu... It was a joke relating to something in chat. I didn't think it was that bad but in future I'll err on the side of caution. Sorry to anyone who found it offensive. :(

Same here.

By the way Flake, are you going to have a closed loop by any chance?

Not sure what you mean by closed loop. I'm running into the protein skimmer, back into the tank And running each canister the same way.

closed loop,.. intake and return connected by nothing but a pump. purely for flow. typically plumbed through the back though could DIY it over the top.

Update for fishmonkey who missed it before it got baleted

The reef is BACK ON!
:)

glass should be ordered this week. It's gonna be about 500$ It costs an extra hundred to ship it because they have to make a special crate for it :mrgreen:

It made me rethink. My shiny new lights didn't help. I ordered equipment for a reef and the lights are so nice..... it'd be a shame to waste them >>

That and I watched my plate coral eat this morning. I want more now. :)

so now i'll have a 46g reef and a 200g reef. muwahaha

Back
Top Bottom