210 FOWLR Build . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few questions..

Why did you choose to go so high on the stand? (curious)
210 gallons is over a ton of water.. plus stand, rocks, and equipment.. is that part of the house sitting on foundation?
Also, it appears that all of the weight will be resting on the top frame of the stand, instead of the vertical beams. How did you attach these? If just nails/screws.. over time I think it will bend and cause you problems.

I have a 280 tank that I've wanted to set up but I won't yet because it sits over a crawl space and I'm scared my handyness (or lack thereof) would be off just enough to have a crashing tank and 280g of water flood my house.

Freaking beautiful stand, tank, and setup! Jealous :)

Subscribed!

I know how you feel, I'm putting together a 220gal and I'm on the "supporting the floor stage" now(i have a basement)....Lots of fun:banghead:

Just an FYI; Im really happy with the inexpensive "Pro Pack" skimmer from Aquatraders.com -
I bought one without a pump and added a Rio pump, and it seems to be working quite wellI. The Reef Octopus Dual is the king of my set-up though - It's pulling alot of gunk out!

Well, I broke down and bought a test kit. I'm about 2 weeks into adding semi-cured live rock and basically (If I am seeing these colors right) Ammonia is zero-very low; Nitrate is 5ish, maybe 10 and Nitrite is through the roof! I assume that the next step will be for the bacteria that love eating Nitrate will catch up and it will drop soon. We shall see

If I'm not not mistaken doesn't it go from nitrite to nitrate? If that's the case then you still have some time on your hands. I may be mistaken as I'm a freshy trying to learn about salt.

If I'm not not mistaken doesn't it go from nitrite to nitrate? If that's the case then you still have some time on your hands. I may be mistaken as I'm a freshy trying to learn about salt.

Yes, that's my understanding as well - I assume the bacteria that process nitrite to nitrate will explode in population causing one to drop and the other to rise

Thanks all - so far I have a Queen, 2 skunk clowns, 2 black percula (sp?) clowns, a Flame Angel and a juvinelle Chocolate tang. I also have 2 Haddon's anemones and 3 condys - and an assortment of snails, and crabs

Wow,glad you updated,i forgot about your tank..
That queen is beautiful ,,has her crown too,,very nice set up(y)

Back
Top Bottom