210 FOWLR Build . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was suprised how quiet all the skimmers are - just as an Fyi: the Reef Octopus Double is especially quiet and seems really well made. The 2 CPRs are solid as I expected. The surprise is the inexpensive "Pro Pack" - I ordered it without a pump and fitted a Rio made for the CPR Bak Pak and its working great and cost a total of about $65

image-1302933253.jpg

' got 70lbs of "Real Reef" just to start - it is spectular in color!

image-537435632.jpg

The tank is running! Boo-yah!! I have alot of micro-bubbles from skimmers though. Ill need to do something that

is that purple/white? it looks awesome

The rock is just covered with dark purple corraline(sp?) - I'll tell ya: I was skeptical but it is stunning in color! If I had more money in my checking account; I'd have purrchased more! At 6.99/lb it's a little expensive but it is just show-stopping color and it is actually fairly porous.(Also, since I got it at a LFS, there was no shipping cost)

looks great. gonna look beautiful when them fish get in and the rocks grow some corals

i dont think hes going corals, unless he changed his mind, the title is Fowler

looks awesome though, what kind of lighting do you have over it?

Bschowa said:
i dont think hes going corals, unless he changed his mind, the title is Fowler

looks awesome though, what kind of lighting do you have over it?

I have about 500 watts of T5 lighting

Few questions..

Why did you choose to go so high on the stand? (curious)
210 gallons is over a ton of water.. plus stand, rocks, and equipment.. is that part of the house sitting on foundation?
Also, it appears that all of the weight will be resting on the top frame of the stand, instead of the vertical beams. How did you attach these? If just nails/screws.. over time I think it will bend and cause you problems.

I have a 280 tank that I've wanted to set up but I won't yet because it sits over a crawl space and I'm scared my handyness (or lack thereof) would be off just enough to have a crashing tank and 280g of water flood my house.

Freaking beautiful stand, tank, and setup! Jealous :)

Subscribed!

Our houses here are on a slab - so the tank sits on the ground floor and thus right on the concrete slab. No basements here in South Louisiana! :)

Actually, (you can't tell from the photos) but the weight is held by vertical 4" X 4" that are "framed" by a 2" X 4"s. The whole stand is connected by lag bolts, wood glue and steel construction straps.

I built it tall so that one can see everything while standing up and everything should be eye-level

Thanks -

image-165554497.jpg

(pic is of 1 of the 6 4x4 legs)

is that one fixture or did you go multiple and how many bulbs/ what is the k of the bulbs you have. sorry for all the questions lol

47" T5 HO AQUARIUM RETRO FIT KIT FOR CANOPY | eBay
' glad to answer as well as I can. I bought 2 of these T5 fixtures off eBay (See link) I am very happy with them so far

I also bought 2- 2 bulb 24" T5 shop lights, and 1 - 2 bulb 48" T5 shop light from Home Depot. (I am just using the stock bulbs right now)

Well, I just ordered 120lbs of live rock from liveaquaria.com - it should be in on Friday. I also ordered 100lbs of dry rock from reefrocks.net and 25 lbs from an eBay dealer - so we shall see. . . That should give me about 315lbs total

Back
Top Bottom