2600g Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wwidener

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm setting up a 2600g cylindrical aquarium in a few months with a filtration room and I don't really want to have to feed a tremendous amount of fish every day. What options do I have to get around daily feedings? Dimensions are 6'w x 11'h. An auto fish feeder will not put out enough food. Thanks!

Will

Don't feed every day, most people make the mistake of feeding every day , by doing so increases the amounts of organics in the water -- polluting the water.

Feed the tank whenever you get a change to.

ZxC,

Sure, but the larger the fish the larger the stomach the faster they hunger. Assuming monthly maintenance.......

2600 gallon tank... monthly maintenance plan... I'm not sure that stacks up. If I were around a 2600 gallon tank, I would want to have access every day, or as close to every day as possible for my own sanity... Especially with it's own filter room, large fish etc. lots to go wrong.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to help on automated feedings if auto feeders won't work.

You could make a DIY auto feeder. I've seen ones using simple timers and I've seen over the top ones that use an arduino.

Good idea goatnad but too much work. I looked into it a year ago and said forget it. Thanks tho.

It will be saltwater and I will have the standard common saltwater fish. I'm considering adding a couple of sharks but I'm not sure yet.

I understand. I guess a few questions at first should have been asked. What are you feeding and what are you feeding them? Why are you needing an autofeeder?

If one automatic feeder doesn't do the job, then use more than one. The extra cost will be minimal compared to what you must have spent on the system as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom