Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
29 gal fuge

It's been a while since I have posted. But i have been looking into takeing my old 29 tank and making into a fuge, for my 75 gal main tank. I would use my hang on overflow and the return pump i am currently using (wet dry). Would that flow work with a fuge? Secondly how many and how far apart would you suggest on placing the baffles any picture would be great.

pluk1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Does this help? I got mine together already via mail order. I'd also think you need to ensure your return pump can fit in the area you intend to carve out for it. In my return area, theres a pump of course. And in the opposite side, where the water comes into the fuge, I got a couple of pumps in there. 1 for UV, the other for skimmer. Of course the middle area had my rocks, miracle mud, and a few critters.

Here's my fuge during set-up.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com