29 Gal Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trkchezz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well after a weekend of putting this together and about $40 with extra wood and screws left over for future projects down the road. That doesn't include the paint, my GF bought, she also picked out the colors.

Let me know what you guys think.

rfM83Lj.jpg

bzyyWR9.jpg

PyqHskg.jpg

C3ph6XE.jpg

HCwjf38.jpg

iXoAoV2.jpg

56AyMCe.jpg

Av9NlFk.jpg

IN2drtv.jpg

GkhUj7E.jpg

edHQmxF.jpg

dX4kwYd.jpg

akT1t7t.jpg

3tEqpX7.jpg

sNDVrM5.jpg

looks nice
I would trim the top and bottom with some casing of some sort to hide the un even cuts and those screw hole indents.
Maybe nail it with some trim nails then use a nail punch to finish them in if you dont have a nailgun.
You could even buy some cheap composite trim since its all painted. Paint it the color of the doors and it would really pull it all together.
Raise it a TINY bit on the top and it could hide the bottom trim of the tank

Lol
Thanks
It's serving its purpose and the GF is happy.......so we all know how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol
and the GF is happy

thats all that matters, my GF fights me on building anything and EVERYTHING

I bought the pine (yes pine) for facing my stand but she literally pisses and moans and thinks we should buy something, nevermind the fact we have a VERY specific space it needs to fit and Ive built many other things she loves!

I have a 4 days weekend so Im DEF getting to starting this week!
good job

Nice driveway build bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For $40 I think it looks nice. I did have a problem with the doors when I put the tank and filled with water.

I think you did just fine. :) my dad used to build all my stands. I tried to get him to build canopies but he wasn't interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom