30 gal lower trim help. Mine is broke.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlemeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently got a 30 gal off my brother in-law. Just reasealed it, and made a stand/trim to hold the tank. I left some clearance to put the tank in, about 6mm on each side. 3mm front/back. The tank sits on foam (1/2 inches of foam) , ( incase my house's slant would put stress on the tank). Should I put some silicone along the inside of the trim I made or will it be fine?. I did do a leak test for 32hrs and have let the silicone cure for 2 additional day without water since a successful test.

The bottom trim is missing on the tank, my niece broke it a while back. But he used or for a couple of months with no leaks, found another thread saying it was not safe to remove. Other sources online say its fine. Any suggestions?

I've looked for the trim for a tank for a while now,can't find my measurement lol.

As far as leaking the tank has been fine for a week now with water in it and no leak. I just added the foam. May go back in tomorrow and trim Down The wood a tad not or put some foam along the back/side. Remeasured the trim I made after setting in some foam and its about 1-2 mm off in front and 1-2 mm off on the side for the trimt to sit exactly on the tank.

Only reason I made my own trim is cause all the pet stores I found can't get it for some off reason. The guy said if I make my own and reseal the inside half inch from the corners it should be fine. And l did so a while back before joining AA.

I'm on a budget until the summer since I'm still in school at the moment :/ ... and petstores want 80+ for a 30 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom