30 gallon Breeder, Can you remove the trim??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobbedmarly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys going into saltwater and was wondering if anybody has done this and if its safe to remove both the top and bottom trim to make it all glass if it can still hold the weight? :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2

I believe it would be safe to remove the top brace seeing that many 30g tanks do not have the braces on top, but don't think it would be a good idea to remove the bottom brace. If it were removed then the 250 pounds of water plus the weight of whatever else is in there would all be on the bottom sheet of glass & I believe that all that stress without the brace would break it, which is most definitely something you do not want. Before you do anything you should definitely wait though for someone else to agree or disagree with me though.

Last edited:
I don't suggest removing it. If that tank was designed to have trim, I wouldn't mess with it. I know of times when tanks as small as 10g broke after the trim was removed. Definitely do not remove the bottom trim.

Back
Top Bottom