36 gallon bowfront stand.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to build a stand for my tank but I'm not sure how to make the curve in the front. I have already built a stand for my 10 gallon, so I already know how to set it up.

Any help is very appreciated! :)

You'll need to trace your tank onto a piece of cardboard. This will be your template.. transfer marks onto plywood to make your top and bottom. Are you going to make it an open stand or have a door?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm thinking about having doors so it looks better, but I don't know if I can fit the extra wood into the budget.

You can always add doors later, I'll be here;)

Should I add a support in the middle that goes from front to back? It would just be for extra support.

You should frame it as you would any stand, with a good solid 2x4 frame under top plywood and bottom, legs with Jacks. the radius plywood is just for show, the entire perimeter needs to be supported... draw up a set check of what your thinking and we can go over it if you'd like

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401469143.767023.jpg
There's just a sketch. It would be 31 long 16 wide and 36 tall. I drew it with out doors for now. I can make another one if you want/need.

He frame the plywood sits on should look something like this
epute8us.jpg

This is what I'm using as a guide. It's how I built the stand for my 10g.

Looks good to me, than you'll have your bow front ply to round out the front if you choose to wrap it later..

No it came with a tank I bought. I'm going to use it as a template for mine

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sort I've not been updating this thread. But I finished the frame for the stand. I'm still not sure if I want to put plywood on the sides and top and bottom. I'll post pics soon.:)

If you don't succeed at first, try again.

I decided not to put plywood down, tore down the tank and put it on the stand. And there's a space between the stand and edge of the tank. Is this okay to have or is it a big problem?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403736221.920714.jpg

Can you take a pic under the tank looking up so we can see what kind of support is in the center. Imo I would finish with plywood and a few coats of sealer. I think eventually water and salt will take its toll on the exposed 2x4's

There isn't any support underneath other than the middle bracing of the tank. And I was thinking some time down the road I would add plywood and a stain/sealer.

Imo I would definitely put a plywood top on if you have no additional bracing under the tank

Back
Top Bottom