Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
3D background

Well I have started my journey into the world of 3d backgrounds. I am going with a simple route I picked up from another forum. I will take some photos once I find my camera. The products used are as follows:

1 can of Waterfall/Pond foam (black) $17.50 from HD
1 48x36 eggcrate $12.95 from HD
1 Marine Epoxy $5.99 from HD
Some salt
1lb Argonite LS
Approximately 15lbs LR

This project is being designed for our 10g (nano or dwarf seahorses). Hopefully if it turns out well we will be doing the same for our 20g and 55g.

I may laugh last, but I still laugh!
jeremyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, you should note that it is a lot harder to achieve with a 10 gallon tank as opposed to larger tanks. Good luck, I'd like to see the result.

55gal Beginner FOWLR - 40lb Live Rock, 1 True Percula, 1 Sand Sifting CUC, 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Sally LF Crab, 2 Turbo Snails, Frag Brain Coral, Tree Coral Frag, Zoanthid Colony
KreativJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Send a message via AIM to mrbee2828 Send a message via Yahoo to mrbee2828
Designs by Nature I was planning on building one as well but I just got one for a 55gal tank here for $42 and I know I would never get the detail they have. Plus it would have been a lot of labor to soak and treat before being able to use it. Good luck with your build! Please post pictures.
mrbee2828 is offline   Reply With Quote

3d background, background

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com