3d background, need help from anyone thats build one of these.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But you think the dry lock would help out with the curing? How long did you wait before you put your Fish back in the tank ? I have an established aquarium that I am wanting to build one of these for I rather not kill them or start over.

The drylock will help but you would still need to cure it. Your best bet would to just find something big enough to soak it in, do daily water changes in it because the chemicals will still leech out. Monitor your ph, alkalinity if you can until its stable. If you have an extra heater that you could throw in there and crank up it will speed up the process

This is the latest picture after a little algae build up. I had to go out and get a couple snails and a mini-pleco because I got sick of cleaning every other day

ForumRunner_20131203_173134.jpg

So did you just use silicon to attach it to the back? How long did you let the silicon cure before adding water?

Yeah I just used this kind. Most important part is make sure its a 100% silicone. Then I just siliconed it to the back and bottom. Just be aware that you can't just put the fish back in there, you have to let it cure in water.

ForumRunner_20131208_122023.jpg

Used ge silicone 1.
I let mine set for a day just to be sure all of it cures good. Because i use a liberal amount.

Latest pic, added my driftwood back into the tank and my live plants are growing!

Attachments

• 1390363725579.jpg
    1390363725579.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom